- To access our enrolment applications please go to the enrolments application tab
- Rehabilitation and support for people affected by mental illness and psychiatric disabilty
- Implementing community based activites focusing in mental health, mental illness and psychiatric disability, and
- Mental health promotion work.
Work may focus on engaging people with mental illness in community participation, prevention of relapse and promtion of recovery through programs such as residential rehabilitation, work in clinical settings, home based outreach and centre-based programs delivered by community based non-government organisations. This work may also involve supported employment and programmed respite care.
- equips students with counselling, referral, advocacy and education/health promotion skills and knowledge.
- Requires high level specialist knowledge, skills and competencies especially in regard to laws affecting the clients, the range of services available to them and health issues related to mental health.
This qualification covers the application of nursing skills and knowledge required to be eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia in line with some state/territory nursing midwifery regulatory authorities.
The course enrolment requirements are:
- Must have completion of 5 years full-time equivalent education - taught and assessed in English, this means either of the following:
- Vocational and Secondary, or
- Vocational and Tertiary, or
- combined Vocational Secondary and Tertiary Education taught and assessed in English
All courses listed on website are funded by Department Training and Workforce Development and the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet