Cultural Awareness Workshops 2017
Thursday 2 March 2017
Thursday 1 June 2017
Wednesday 16 August 2017
Marr Mooditj Training
295 Manning Road
(Across the road from Curtin University)
Time: 8.30am (for 9am start) to 4pm
Cost: $120 per person (fully funded for Health Department Employees)
Ken is an anthropologist with extensive experience delivering cultural awareness workshops to organisations throughout Western Australia.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to build on
their capacity to work with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and co-workers across the health sector.
Topics covered include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture;
- Events and issues in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history;
- Factors contributing to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ poor health;
- Strategies to promote and accommodate cultural differences in the workplace;
- Identification of effective communication strategies to support the delivery of health services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Developing effective partnerships with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and
- their communities to facilitate appropriate health care and workplace services; and
- Delivery of culturally safe and appropriate health care, services and programs.