VET Student Loans
The VET Student Loans program is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligible students enrolled in approved courses at diploma level or above, at approved course providers, to pay their tuition fees. It replaced the VET FEE-HELP program from 1 January 2017.
The loan has income contingent repayment arrangements, which means that you will only need to start making repayments if you are earning more than the minimum repayment threshold set by the Commonwealth government. This repayment is made through the Australian Taxation System. VET Student Loans repayments begin when your income reaches an annual level determined by the Commonwealth Government.
This Commonwealth Government program allows students to access loans for courses that:
- Have a high national priority
- Meet industry needs
- Contribute to addressing skills shortages
- Lead to employment outcomes.
Students who enrol in selected Diploma courses are able to apply for a VET Student Loan (VSL) to support payment of fees. The amount you can borrow for your fee is determined by the Commonwealth government.
In 2019, VET Student Loan caps for MMT’s approved courses are as follows:
- CHC51713 Diploma of Counselling. Cap is $10,342.
- CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health. Cap is $10,342.
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing. Cap is $15,514.
Please consult our latest Fees at our Download centre for the fees we charge for all of our courses.
If you wish to access any relevant forms, our policy and procedures, any additional information or have any questions that are not answered here please call us on 08 9351 9344.
For more information on the VET Student Loans scheme please visit the following websites https://www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans, https://www.education.gov.au/vet-information-students or www.studyassist.gov.au. Or ask Marr Mooditj Training for an Information Package and make an appointment with us to learn more about VET Student Loans, how to apply for it and your rights and responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I pay back the loan?
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Tuition Assurance
- Am I eligible?
- VET Student Loans Course Fees and Census Day
- 2019 Census Dates
- Grievance Procedures
- How do I apply?
- Privacy and Information Handling Procedures
- Student Entry Procedure
- What is VET Student Loan?
- Withdrawal and Refund Document
- Course Enrollment Process
- Withdrawal Application Form