CHC43315Certificate IV Mental Health
This qualification covers workers who provide a range of community services focusing on:
- Rehabilitation and support for people affected by mental illness and psychiatric disability.
- Implementing community-based activities focusing on mental health, mental illness and psychiatric disability; and
- Mental health promotion work.
Work may focus on engaging people with mental illness in community participation, prevention of relapse and promotion of recovery through programs such as residential rehabilitation, work in clinical settings, home based outreach and centre-based programs delivered by community based non-government organisations.
To be eligible for enrolment you must:
- Be 18 years of age and provide Photo ID with proof of age.
- Be of Aboriginal or/Torres Strait Islander Decent
- Be residing in Western Australia
This course is subsidised by the Department of Training and Workforce Development for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander equity groups and jobseekers.
Total number of units = 15
- 11 core units
- 4 elective units
Students will be required to attend an 80-hour work placement during their training.
For a detailed breakdown of the units and timing in this course click here.
The full qualification will be delivered over 6 months, consists of 5 blocks face to face at Marr Mooditj Training. Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm.
This course is fee free in 2023
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.