AF008Community Support Skill Set
Skill up for community support work — Includes first aid — FREE IN ’23!
You will gain the knowledge and skills to follow, safe work practices; follow and apply safe manual handling practices and infection control procedures; communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, management and other industry providers; and provide a first aid response to a casualty. The training focuses on support provided in a community setting.
What is a skill set?
In vocational education and training (VET), a skill set is a short course that’s developed by choosing individual units of competency from a full qualification (or qualifications) that target a specific set of skills and knowledge, to meet the needs of industry or a particular job role.
The units of competency in a skill set are nationally accredited and recognised.
This means that when you successfully complete a skill set, you will receive a Statement of Attainment as an official record. This verifies that you have completed those units, so that you can receive credit for them should you continue on to further study.
Skill sets are also used to upskill workers for specific skills and knowledge required for their job; or in situations where a full qualification is not required.
This skill set contains the following nationally recognised unit/s of competency.
- Be 18 years of age and provide photo ID with proof of age
- Must be Aboriginal descent
- Must be a job seeker preparing for work readiness
This Skill Set is delivered over 3 weeks, face to face at Marr Mooditj Training in Waterford.
The units in this skill set may lead to the qualifications listed below, and others that allow selection of these units.
- Certificate II in Community Health and Wellbeing
- Certificate II in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Certificate II in Indigenous Environmental Health
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate III in Community Services