CHC53315Diploma of Mental Health
This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide services to clients in relation to mental health issues. They can provide counselling, referral, advocacy and education/health promotion services. These workers are required to have high level specialist knowledge, skills and competencies especially in regard to laws affecting people with mental health issues, the range of services available to them and health issues related to mental health.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 160 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Total number of units = 20
- 15 core units
- 5 elective units, consisting of:
- at least 3 units from the electives listed below
- up to 2 units from the electives listed below, any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome
- Community Rehabilitation and Support Worker
- Welfare Support Worker
- Community Rehabilitation Worker
- Community support worker
- Mental health support worker
- Mental Health Outreach Worker